Sunday, July 24, 2011

"The beginning is the most important part of the work." - Plato

Welcome to The Vintage Soiree's new blog!  While I am excited to start this new venture into the blogging world, I'm also wondering who in the world would be interested in reading my musings?!?.  As a lover of old and unique things, decorating, history, sunshine, travel, books, painted furniture, flowers, words, and, of course, my family...I run a small antiques business mainly for the absolute pleasure of it.  Into my business I intertwine things I love to help make customers' (and my own) homes a haven.  I believe antiques should be used as everyday items, not put on a shelf or in an attic to collect dust (mainly because I hate to dust and my kids are allergic to it - dust, not dusting.).  I re-purpose something old into something new and functional.  I give dull finishes a face-lift.  I breathe new life into something others might think is trash.  I hope to use this blog to inspire you to make your home a haven.  To inspire you to stop and enjoy life as it is.  To inspire you to get more meaning out of the things in your home.  To inspire you to have a soiree every time you're in your home!

1 comment: