Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pumpkins on a pedestal

I found a couple birdbath bases last year.  The actual basins had been broken, but the bases were being sold.  I purchased them for a buck apiece, intending to sell them.  But then I found a new home for both of them in my front flower beds.  I like to call them architectural art, and they add a nice contrast to all the colorful, rambling flowers growing around them.  Then in the fall, I can add pumpkins to the top to add some fall color when most of my perennials are done blooming.  Even more fun, is that most people don't expect to see pumpkins in a flower bed!
As a side note, we tried growing our own pumpkins this year, and they came up great, but WAY too early.  They all rotted before October even rolled around.  Next year, we'll plant them much later and see how they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment