Saturday, January 14, 2012

White Frames, Part 2


You may remember several months ago I posted a blog about these three white frames leading up the stairs to my bedroom.  I wasn't sure what to put in them, so they hung empty for a long time in the stairway.  After a family photo shoot this past fall, I finally have filled these frames!  Since these frames lead up to our master bedroom, I decided to fill them with enlarged (16x20, 11x17, 16x20) prints of my husband and myself.  We hadn't had pictures taken of just the two of us professionally for over 14 years - WAY too long!  My husband absolutely hates having his picture taken and I have a bad reputation for blinking at the worst possible time when having pictures taken - so needless to say, finding a good picture of us together is tough.  However, our photographer did a fantastic job and got several great shots of the two of us.  So, I had them enlarged, but then had no backing or glass.  Remember - these were completely empty frames.  So I headed to Hobby Lobby's framing section and purchased (on the cheap, of course) cardboard backing with clear plastic to cover the prints.  Yes, I said plastic.  It's so much cheaper, and when they are hanging on the wall, you can't even tell the difference between that and glass.  So, even though I loved the frames empty, I love them even more filled!  If you need empty frames - I've got lots at my booth at The Rose!  (please excuse the shameless plug of my business!)

No comments:

Post a Comment