Sunday, January 22, 2012

Blank Slate

I am so excited about this huge canvas I picked up this past week!  Now comes the big decision of what to paint on it and where to put it!  And it's not actually canvas covering the surface, it's a pale, neutral fabric - even better.  My first thought was to paint a huge chandelier on it, or maybe monogram an 'S' on it, or possibly a close up of a flower?  You have to realize I'm not even a painter, but I figure I can project an image onto it to trace, then paint.  Of course, my son (who is the true artist in the house) thinks he should be allowed to paint a battle scene on it and put it in his room.  Hmm...I'll have to put some thought into that one.
Anyway, before I decide WHAT to paint, I need to decide WHERE to put it.  That will take some time.  I can envision this sitting on the floor leaning against the wall, or hanging on a wall. The trouble is, it's so big that I'm already limited as to where I can put it, and I'd have to get rid of something I already have to make room for it.   If I put it in my dining room, then a painted chandelier would look amazing.  But, if it's in a different room, another object might be more appropriate.  Auugghh, decisions, decisions.  So, this huge beauty just may have to hang out for a while before I do anything with it.  If you have any amazing ideas for me, pass them on!  I'll be sure to post about it again once it's finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment