Friday, February 17, 2012

Displaying Flowers


As I've posted before, I absolutely LOVE flowers, especially when displyed in an unconventional vase - such as this ironstone pitcher.  My wonderful husband gave me roses for Valentine's Day - aren't they gorgeous?
I love the look of roses, but not the knobby, thorny stems and sharp leaves.  The blooms, to me, should be the focal point.  Therefore, why even show the stems?  To get this effect of just the blooms showing, cut the stems so that the roses are just slightly peeking above the rim of your vase.  I always cut them slightly longer at first, so I can re-cut them a few days later to encourage longer lasting flowers.  The final effect is stunning as you focus solely on those beautiful blooms, and their unique container!

No comments:

Post a Comment