Monday, May 21, 2012

Herb Garden

This is my herb garden.  Not as impressive as most, I realize, but it is cute!  I've always wanted to grow herbs in a sunny kitchen window above my sink.  The only (slight) problem is....I have no sunny kitchen window above my sink.  But I do have space for something, so here in my herb garden!  I've had this lovely wall pocket for almost 11 years (given to me by my twin sister for being her matron of honor...super embarrasing term, alas, but I was already married), and recently spray painted it aqua.  It resided in my bathroom for a while, but I could never find something appropriate to put in it.  White toilet paper just didn't look right - go figure!  So, I moved the piece to the wall above my kitchen sink.  My first thought was to plant cilantro, but it needs full sun.  I ended up with mint only because it was the only herb I could find that only needed partial sun.  Good thing I love to put fresh mint leaves in my tea!  To situate the plant just right in the pocket, I slipped it inside a gallon ziploc bag.  Then I wrapped it in burlap.  Voila!  Instant herb garden, and it's cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment