Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Architectural Salvage



Can you guess what my new swimming towel rack is made of?  It's a 6-ft long piece of aqua beaded board trim.  Cool, huh?  I purchased this piece a couple months ago, with absolutely no idea what I wanted to do with it.  This goes against my own personal rule of antiques shopping:  Only buy if you know where it's going to go.  I violated this no-nonsense rule simply because of the color of this piece.  And the fact that it was only $8!  As soon as I brought it home, however, I knew exactly what it was going to be....a towel rack out by our swimming pool!  I simply added 5 vintage wire hooks, got my husband to attach it to the pool deck, and now we're in business!  It's already gotten quite a bit of use, and I just love the pop of aqua color out on the deck.  Functional, yet beautiful, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment