Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Furniture Groupings

I love my furniture grouping along one wall in the living room.  Since my living room walls are a blue, blue, blue (see past post), I'm trying to stick to neutral furnishings and accessories.  Neutral, however, does not mean boring or plain!  Most of my furniture in this room is white, then I have black, pewter and red accents.  I've mixed up fabrics in the room - particularly on the throw pillows and throw blankets - with stripes, solids and floral patterns.  And I truly love the khaki-colored upholstered chairs!  Even though my chairs don't match (and, honestly, I don't want them to be too matchy-matchy), the common colors and height among them (and the table) help tie them all together.  The same idea goes for the accessories...they aren't matchy-matchy, but the focus on the same colors help tie them all together - including my favorite vintage globe!

No comments:

Post a Comment