Sunday, March 25, 2012

A little bit of Easter...

With the exception of Christmas, I'm just not much of a holiday decorator anymore.  And my Christmas decorations even get fewer and fewer every year.  I love holidays and the meanings behind them, so the issue for me really is focusing on those meanings not the actual decorating and cleaning up afterwards!                                          Easter being only a few weeks away, I decided it was finally time for me to get a few things out.  The first thing out was this little egg wreath for my front door.  I've considered making my own egg wreath out of blown eggs and a grapevine wreath.  However, several years ago I actually blew out 4 dozen eggs to dye and will NEVER do that again.  I felt like I blew my brains out.  Really.  So, now I resort to just buying cute egg wreaths instead! 
These cute little eggs were a gift from my sister.  I seriously did have to talk my son out of taking bite of one of them! 
So, moral of the story is to go ahead and put out a few decorations, but only as a reminder of the tree meaning of the holiday - not as a distraction!



No comments:

Post a Comment