Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Tree Stands

I know it's kind of hard to see this in the picture, but this galvanized tub sits at the base of my Christmas tree.  My favorite new Christmas discovery last year was to use this tub to hide my Christmas tree stand.  I haven't ever been able to find a tree skirt that matches my style, and of course I just can't let that ugly green plastic tree stand show...so the stand is actually placed inside this tub!  Underneath the tub is an old tablecloth - so if water or sap drip on it, I can just throw it in the washer after Christmas.  If I didn't use this tub, my next option would probably be just to use a large piece of burlap to cover the plastic stand...maybe next year!  For now, however, I just love the look of this tub - and it is so practical!  It catches any water when I accidentally overfill the stand!

No comments:

Post a Comment