Saturday, December 10, 2011

Garlands

I love the simplicity of hanging a garland at Christmastime!  These are so easy to swag above a doorway, mirror, fireplace, you name it.   I simply hammer in a thin 2-inch long nail to hold each side of the garland in place.  Some of these nails I even leave in year-long if they are not obvious, that way I don't have to redo them each year!  A two-inch nail should give enough room to hang several garlands together.  In this doorway between my kitchen and living room, I have three garlands total - 2 different sized red beaded ones and then a unique woven one.   On the right side in the background of this picture, you can see my garland that hangs above my fireplace.  It's also made of up three different strands, including a white beaded one.  I really like to mix and match my strands of garlands for a more casually elegant look.  Strands of beads are inexpensive and easy to find, so don't be afraid to mix it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment