Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Red Berries and Pinecones


I love the simplicity of decorating with objects from nature.  Red berries and pinecones dominate my Christmas decorating in my dining room.  The splashes of red are stunning against the predominately white background of mirrors and cream pitchers.  The pinecones from my yard then help to neutralize, warm, and buffer that red/white color contrast.  Both the berries and pine cones can be easily found at any Hobby Lobby/craft shop if you don't have the real ones available in your yard.  Years ago, I had many holly bushes and had red berries readily available every Christmas.  Anymore, all my red berries are fake - but they still look great!  And pinecones last for years.  Have fun finding objects to decorate with from the outdoors!  Other ideas are feathers, greenery from pine trees, bay leaves, boxwood branches, rocks...even bird nests, which can be easily spotted now that trees are bare!

No comments:

Post a Comment