Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hook Racks!

An essential to every home is definitely a hook rack or two or three!  I recommend putting one by the doorway that is the main entry to the house (by you, not your guests).  Our main entry is the door leading from the garage into the laundry room.  This is the first stop by my kids every single time they come in the door.  First, to take their shoes off (like their mom, neither one can stand to wear shoes in the house!  Dad can wear his all day which we think is just plain weird!), and second to hang up their backpacks and jackets.  Sometimes I catch them throwing these things on the kitchen floor (which is the next stop in the house), and have to remind them about hanging them up.  Okay, so most days I have to remind them of this.  I am anxiously awaiting the day they actually do this without being told!  But I digress...
Hookracks are great for jackets, backpacks, purses, totes, hats, key chains, you name it!   Just make sure you drill it into a stud so you don't have to worry about weighing it down!  Then, I try to always hang a horizontal item above the hook rack to give it more style.  Hookracks can also be used in bathrooms for towels or bathrobes, in bedrooms for hats and necklaces...the possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment