Monday, September 12, 2011

Sunburst Mirror!

I am soooo excited about my new sunburst mirror!  I love the look of these, and after I saw one at a friend's house, I just knew I had to have one!  Fortunately, I came across one this past weekend at a yard sale.  It was a gold sunburst mirror for $2 and I snatched it up!  When I returned home, I immediately spraypainted it white (I ALWAYS keep extra spraypaint around the house (white, red, and black) so I can complete projects right when I'm inspired - they're more likely to get done that way!), waited for it to dry, then sanded down the edges for a distressed look.  I then quickly scraped the excess paint off the mirror and it was done!  It now sits in my dining room along with my other mirrors.  It's a great addition to the collection and I'm thrilled to now have a sunburst mirror in my own home!

No comments:

Post a Comment