Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Framing your world...

I have these three completely empty white frames leading up (or down) the stairs to my bedroom.  My original intent was to fill them with family photos, but then I realized, uh, no glass or backing.  I sell quite a few empty frames with my antiques business, and sometimes recommend framing a 3D object in them.  Such as old spoons, vintage baby dress, cross, etc.  But I have to admit I'm at a loss for how to fill these at my own house.  Especially since I don't have any old spoons, baby dresses or extra crosses.  Sigh.  So now I need to come up with another great idea for these frames.  Any thoughts?
For now they are going to have to sit there empty.  It's not that I don't love them already, because I do!  I love white paint above any other color, and the white pops against the dark red wall (yes, my bedroom is painted red.  cheesy, I know).  The frames just seem empty and like they are patiently waiting for someone to come visit them. 
So when friends come over to my house and if they happen to see the frames, they'll just have to scratch their heads.  Especially the one visitor I had years ago who took one look at my distressed and shabby chic furniture and asked if I needed to borrow some paint!
So, seriously, any thoughts?  I need all the help I can get...

1 comment:

  1. I have a big frame (no glass no backing) that I am using for a family picture that I printed on doubleweight matboard through mpix.com They do really good quality prints (i have a photographer friend who recommends them) and they are very reasonable.

    ReplyDelete