Sunday, August 7, 2011

Oh the Places You'll Go!

I just returned home from a 9 day trip spanning 4 states.  Needless to say, this involved a lot of driving.  Or, for my part, sitting in the passenger seat.  I have a tendency to get bored just sitting there for hours on end, so usually resort to reading the atlas for entertainment.  No, there is no sarcasm here... I actually do love looking at maps.  I love seeing where I've been and seeing where I'm going.  I love to look at the lay of the land and think about this history behind locations.  I love the sense of accomplishment from going through each little landmark on the map.  My love for maps certainly comes from my Dad, as does my love for history and travel.  I haven't traveled worldwide nearly enough, but hope to in the future!  All these interests of mine are shown in my home through this fabulous black globe in my living room.  Black globes are unique, and I couldn't pass this one up!  It has a very vintage feel to it and reminds my family that the world is so much broader than our little corner of Arkansas!  In my son's room, we've framed a vintage world map with barnwood on the wall.  He loves to imagine what's happening in all corners of the world.  Oh, the places we'll go...

No comments:

Post a Comment