Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Trash to Treasure

I literally found this in someone's trash.  I saw it one morning on the way to taking my kids to school, just sitting on the curb.  I quickly dropped them off, swung back, and shoved it in my car as fast as I could!  I wish I had a 'before' picture for you.  The 3 missing drawers didn't scare me.  I had my talented husband attach some thin pieces of plywood as shelves instead, cleaned up the entire thing, then painted it and added knobs.  This sat in my living room for years with pretty dishes and linens stacked on the open shelves.  Then I used it as a dresser in my bedroom, with makeup and jewelry stored and displayed in trays on the shelves.
Moral of the story - just because a piece is missing something doesn't mean it's ready to be tossed!  Use your imagination and turn it into something amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment