Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Let there be light!

I'm a sucker for chandeliers.  Whenever I see one in a magazine or store, I stop and stare.  I love how every one is a little bit different from the next.  I love that you can use either candles or lightbulbs.  I love all the light.  And, most especially, I love the unexpectedness of them.  We have so many ceiling fans in our home that it's hard to find a room with a space for a chandelier.  Alas, they've been banished to the bathroom and to the laundry room.   Talk about unexpected!!!  Check out the photos here.  The black one is a $4 steal from a thrift store, spraypainted by me and then installed by my wonder-husband.  The crystal one is a $15 garage sale bargain, not-so-lovingly installed by my husband (he had some frustrating trouble with the wiring).  So, moral of the story...while these look fabulous, and I love them even more because they were inexpensive, second-hand chandeliers need to be properly wired and need to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment